I think this will be my last blog for a while. I popped off of Second Life to just relax and keep track of the kids, they were off their rockers for a while. But since they're calm now, I took the time to read some of the newspaper online.
So, I found this. Read me!
This is something I could never see myself doing, or actually condoning of a family member doing. It's not that I'm not big on faith, christianity.. I understand it all. It's a rather good read, and very informative when it comes to values and the like. I like to study religion, so I possibly won't conform to one.
But this is my choice as an adult. And I have two children that I'm responsible for. Not to mention, I like to stick to my mothers method of raising. She gave us choices. "Do you want to eat the liver?" "Ew no!" "Just try it." So we tried it. Did we like it? Nope! My older sister did, so she ate it and loved it. But, my mom didn't force liver on us. She put the option out there for us to try it, explore, and if we didn't like it (yeah, since one of us actually vomited), no love loss.
We adjusted, continued to try new things, my mother or father never beat us down for not eating what -they- cooked. They were also religious, but to the certain extent of only going to church on the holidays. No, they weren't die hard baptists, but they went to church when they thought it mattered. Being that they both worked full time and barely saw us, they believed the best way to serve the good ol' lord was to be with family. HOWEVER, they left it up to us to decide if we wanted to go to church or not. Even let us try it for a month to see how it fit us.
We went. It didn't fit. End of story. We rather liked staying at home to do silly things with our parents. Finger painting! I miss it!
When it came to our health, they prayed alright. BUT, my mom always said.. "So people need a little push here and there from an outside source, that's God working in his way." I never understood that when I was younger, but goddamned. Never would I pick faith and religion over the health of my children. My mom never did either.
I could be a person who -hates- medicine, and hates hospitals. In fact, I do. I hate it with every fiber of my being. But that does NOT stop me from walking into their begging for help when one of the runts get sick. Never. I even stalked my kids doctor office for months because they ran low on the Chicken Pox shots, and I -hate- needles, can't stand to look at it. But for them? Anything.
Maybe this is my only view when it comes to kids, is to let them try something out. If they don't like it, don't push it. If they don't like religion, don't force it on them. Things such as.. 'Letting god heal by offering prayers', doesn't apply. If your kid is acting nuts, take them to see a specialist. "Are you feverish sweetie? Oh look, you're at 103 degrees. Lets pray."
Fuck. That.
103 degrees, I'd be the first person to call 9-1-1.
Medicine, while I hate it, has its perks. And if all jesus freaks and fanatics rather have 'faith' and 'the help of god' to heal their children and NOT doctors and medicine, they need to be pushed off a ravine to die a rocky death and shat upon. Yes, I said shat.
God speed. -.-
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Disclaimer
The contents of this current blog is the Author's thoughts and ideals on a gaming platform called Second Life (TM). She is in no way an employee of Linden Labs (TM) nor volunteers, she merely plays and enjoys the game to it's fullest capacity. The author of this current blog has the divine right to speak her mind at all times, albeit harsh, foul, and uncalled for. Take offense if you need. Only the author should be held accountable for her actions and words, and not those who choose to reply to such.

1 comment:
God fanatics are scary. As Strisc put it when i told him of this blog. "Prayer is just becoming another form of neglect."
He is right it has no longer become something good and true, it is now a fall back, something people can blame when the situation goes bad.
I hope Children and Family Services tells them to pray for their kids in their new homes too as they take the other kids they have away.
Post a Comment