This is the thing that gets me everytime. Why do they allow people who have no sense of good judgement and mental stability to run and own sims. Half of the decent people that I've known actually left this supposedly quality game called Second Life due to the fact that the owners of the sim they constantly frequent were total dickheads, assholes, jerk offs, 'I-Am-Your-God' type personalities?
Sure, everyone has their dreams and hopes of running a simulator, creating it based off of their fantasies and things that can't possibly done now. People use their imaginations, creating worlds that are just too beautiful and knowing it wouldn't be destroyed by a bomb or something equivalent. Faerie land, heaven and hell, you name it, you could probably find it on second life in ten minutes.
It would be so cool though, you put your name on the list.. you want to buy a sim and build something that would put money into your pockets. How come Linden Labs won't say..
"Hello Missus Supreme, we're currently doing a background check to see if you qualify in having a sim. We'll check your school records, and delve deep down into your social life in Second Life and real life to see if you're actually mentally stable enough and capable of running and owning a simulated enviroment."
Some good quality places have gone down the drain because their owners were too stupid, or even lacked the basic people skills to properly run a sim or even create a lucrative business. I know, if I'd have to support your simulator on my server that eventually I'd have to pay money for, I'd want to know if you could even hack it. Financially and mentally.
Thing is, with a huge bustling business that Second Life has going, the number of paying members, the number of members actually putting their hard earned (or easily earned for the rich, wealthy, and lazy), they could care less who owns a sim and runs it unless it jeopardizes THEIR hides.
I remember when I first started second life, I joined up with a strip club, which consisted of me actually sitting on a pole, dancing, making money.. and chatting my life away with the visitors. The owner of the club put everyone on staff on the fact that there's a simulator out there based and heavy into ageplay.
Oh.. wow. The fuss we all put up actually made it so that Linden Labs cracked down ageplay within second life in general, lumping it in the same frame and crime that 'Child Pornography' is lumped in. And then the incident with the German people who actually were prosecuted FOR using child avatars to actually sex in second life... Yeah, need I say more?
Background checks, personality checks, if there's even a slightest hint of that person having a slight disorder of the brain.. yeah. You don't DESERVE A SIM. Sure, I'll probably feel like a complete dick and a jerk after I've published this post but, who the hell hasn't thought that?
"The owner of Somesimname here is a complete dickwad, I think he's got mental issues, that fuckface doesn't need to run a sim."
See? Background checks! Personality checks! Oh yeah, whores don't need sims either. Can we say smut fest?
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Disclaimer
The contents of this current blog is the Author's thoughts and ideals on a gaming platform called Second Life (TM). She is in no way an employee of Linden Labs (TM) nor volunteers, she merely plays and enjoys the game to it's fullest capacity. The author of this current blog has the divine right to speak her mind at all times, albeit harsh, foul, and uncalled for. Take offense if you need. Only the author should be held accountable for her actions and words, and not those who choose to reply to such.

No comments:
Post a Comment