This is the main thing that irritates me the most about some people when it comes to the internet. It took me a six minute make of my chow mein to actually think on this and just get all pissed off all over again. Its like, people don't understand and KNOW the goddamned definition and the certain law based rules here in America that applies.
The Internet, sometimes called simply "the Net," is a worldwide system of computer networks - a network of networks in which users at any one computer can, if they have permission, get information from any other computer (and sometimes talk directly to users at other computers). It was conceived by the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) of the U.S.
Internet of old, how cute!
Today, the Internet is a public, cooperative, and self-sustaining facility accessible to hundreds of millions of people worldwide. Physically, the Internet uses a portion of the total resources of the currently existing public telecommunication networks.
See a very important word? PUBLIC.
Right now, me posting all of this crap, being that it's in my humble opinion, and knowing full well how stupid I may or may not end up looking (*giggles*), its all going to be public. Because I want it that way. The second I hit that 'Publish Post' button, it means that it'll be sent through their lovable servers, and up for viewing within five minutes of me clicking. Public viewing that is.
So, want to sue me because I think you're dumb.., and posting your medical records online, and cry about how people leave you and post pictures of a very, very hideous balding man on your page? *laughs.* Right. Sue. But it'll go nowhere. Lets find out why!!
This little excerpt was pulled from the Internet Privacy Law article..
Internet users sometimes do not realize the amount of privacy that is lost when accessing the online world. Usenet postings and contributions to bulletin boards may remain archived forever. Public records are available free or for a fee. While much of this information has been freely available in the past, the advent of the Internet has made it available more easily and quickly.
See? Remember when Fred said that deleting your blog posts doesn't erase stupidity? Fred didn't hack into your computer, invade your privacy, and wrote all that stuff down.. Nope. He just wrote it, because he saw it, like I'm sure a million of other people have because you chose to make your personal problems and issues public.
He has done nothing to you that would have caused you to lose wages.. though, I do so hope that someone that you work with HAS seen Fred's post, and sadly has seen the stupid replies that you left to let everyone KNOW whom he was talking about. Sweetie, its nothing to feel flattered about. Seriously.
Now before I lose myself in writing a bunch of political and law induced jargon, I'm going to say this.
1. You can't sue because someone called you a flaming, high functioning retard in a blog post.
2. You can't sue because someone refuses to leave a group that THEY made with their lindens. (No copyright clause!)
3. You can't sue over lost lindens! Though, I wish. I'd be rich by now, some of the outfits that I bought back in my pre-fashion days suck! (Eventually, someone will be able to sue, and hopefully the right people.)
4. If you can't handle the truth (i.e. If you vomit on yourself after reading this) Then please, shut off your computer, unplug it, sell it, call your ISP and tell them sorry that you've wasted their time and get your lines clipped. I mean.. really.
5. I just like the number five.. o.o
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Disclaimer
The contents of this current blog is the Author's thoughts and ideals on a gaming platform called Second Life (TM). She is in no way an employee of Linden Labs (TM) nor volunteers, she merely plays and enjoys the game to it's fullest capacity. The author of this current blog has the divine right to speak her mind at all times, albeit harsh, foul, and uncalled for. Take offense if you need. Only the author should be held accountable for her actions and words, and not those who choose to reply to such.

4 comments:
I think people forget things...
...
No...
wait...
They're just stupid.
...
and sue happy.
...
and
...
think everyone else is as stupid as them..
....
They're wrong.
ROTFLMAO
I think ppl are quick to toss about the word "sue" when they can't win an arguement verbally. It's like resorting to childhood. You realize you have nothing intelligent to ad to the convo so you yell "yeah, well... YOU'RE A DOODY HEAD!"
I also think ppl need to realize that the ONE thing they can sue ppl over that involves spoken or written words against another is called "slander" and it does NOT include when ppl make oppions about something YOU DID DO! It only works to sue for slander if it is a false allegation that results in defamation of character. And since most ppl who cry slander have questionable charater to begin with that makes it even harder to win a case IF A. the person lied and B. IF the person identified the individual they were lying about. That dumb bitch (personal oppinion you can't sue me over) identified herself and she even admitted that she had the blogs he commented about so ... she done fucked up again. DUH!
*takes a breath* OKay I got that out of my system now too :D
and um yeah it's like 2:30 am where I am when I wrote that w/one hand cause I'm holding a baby on me , so you don't think I don't know what I'm talking about because the grammer and spelling is horrid. I do... I'm just tired so :P
* that was directed at anyone reading my friend's blog and just LOOKING for something stupid to start shit over
She *deleted* her comment in my blog!!!
What did I tell ya?
Deleting does not erase the stupidity... Again and again I proved my fucking points.
yea, the topic was not even about her. It was about stupidity. Why does she think she is so speshul???
Post a Comment