Someone had to make a post about it, right? Though it seems from what I'm reading from my lovelies blogs, they're already at a head start. However.. I'm going to take a different route and speak about it in its entirety.
I saw in someones profile a long time ago that.. 'He who barks the loudest, are usually the architects.' Meaning, if you state cleanly that if you don't want drama, you don't want drama, I DON'T WANT DRAMA.. and you turn around and start it... o.o *coughs*
Second Life and Drama are two unavoidable things. You can say how much you don't want it, how much you don't cause it, but then again.. there you are.. doing your thing.
"I'm better than you. I'm stronger, I'm faster.. I'm the Master. I'm your God, I'm your everything, bow down before me as I use you for what I wish, and then.. I will tear your throat out and discard you, you are no use to me."
Remind you of someone? It doesn't even have to be that particular person that is the apple of peoples eyes lately. Its this place in its entirety. The dangerous game of drawing the line between what is drama and what's not, what causes it and what does not, and who incites it and who doesn't.
I caused my fair share of drama, I know that for a fact. No ones immune to it, no ones impenetrable. But when you state things out in the open that can spread like wildfire? You, my friend, are a Drama King/Queen. When someone asks you a question that was meant to stay private, but you couldn't help yourself, you run off and tell Tom, Dick, Harry.. especially if you didn't know that Harry would go back and slap you in the face.. You just started drama. Even -if- you are the victim.
When it comes to roleplay sims, and this is the one thing that people fail to realize. You can say that you can do what you want, you can actually -DO- what you want, treat people how you want because you're fucking billy bad ass with your ham and cheese sammich, popping your gum and switchin' your hips. But.. you're under the microscope. People watch, people learn, people -will- talk. Everything ill about places spread life wildfire and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Why? Because its drama. You can't defeat it. It's just damn impossible.
Where ever you go there's going to be someone who doesn't like you. Even if you happen to 'pop right into' a sim and walk past, someones bound to just say.. 'Look at this bitch.' Drama. Its what you do with yourself and how you handle that.. Impress me. Impress me. MOVE me. Make me believe that you are the best thing in the world..
Drama. Whether people like it or not, it makes the sims go 'round.
Within two months, a total of six sims had fell prey to the drama. All that money wasted. *shakes her head*
Drama. Its what's for dinner.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Disclaimer
The contents of this current blog is the Author's thoughts and ideals on a gaming platform called Second Life (TM). She is in no way an employee of Linden Labs (TM) nor volunteers, she merely plays and enjoys the game to it's fullest capacity. The author of this current blog has the divine right to speak her mind at all times, albeit harsh, foul, and uncalled for. Take offense if you need. Only the author should be held accountable for her actions and words, and not those who choose to reply to such.

No comments:
Post a Comment