Today, in the real world, Dr. Who will be showing on the Sci Fi channel until 2pm Central standard! Though its not my preferred shows with David Tennant as the latest incarnation of the Doctor, its still all good. I'm excited! I actually like Rose, but Martha is much better and brilliant. That and she doesn't have big jowls and a mouth like Rose. Talk about big boned in the face. Anyways, so.. as I'm watching my favorite show.. I said to myself..
'Self, wonder if there's an actual Dr. Who roleplay or simulator out there that I could wander and explore!!'
Being the ambitious sim hopper that I am, I actually find one that reads..
'The Doctor Who Experience & Cardiff'
So I'm like.. YAY! Immediately I teleport there. Well, try to. Maybe it was an omen or a sign, I should not go to that sim at this hour. STAY ON YOUR BOAT ANYANKA!
But newp, I'm persistant, I manage to break through the holds that Second Life has on me and teleport into the sim. My radar immediately picks this up..
[6:58] MystiTool HUD 1.0.23: Entering chat range: Timelord ***** (1m), DALEK ***** (18m)
(Last names are protected, just because.)
Immediately, I'm all.. O.O Maybe its an event going on that I don't know about, because I did see many, many green dots on my minimap. So I wait for a moment, go heat up some chicken, dab a little barbeque.. come back and everythings rezzed.
But what I see before me just shook me to the core. NOOBS! OODLES AND OODLES OF NOOBISH DOCTOR WHO FANS! And I felt like I was being crowded, they jumped on my hot little avatar and held her down to the ground while they all did a close up on my direct vision.
Their nooby little hair, their nooby little eyes, their pale ashy and chalked lips..
I screamed!
But, it was all just a dream, they did crowd though. But, I should have known, there would be noobs on a Dr. Who sim. So I walked around, its a pretty decent sci fi base, everything you could possibly want, including the TARDIS.
I was actually anticipating a random noober to roam around in a Dalek suit, chasing after me and screaming.. EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!
Come to think of it, Dalek's are frightening. All that screaming does something to a person later on in life..
But wow, the sim wasn't even done being built and all I could see were the obvious Dr. Who fans roaming around. A person with the name Timelord.. then Darlek.. I was expecting to see The Master or Doctor (insert avi surname here) about.
While I'm on this train of thought.. I might as well go see if the Battlestar Galactica sim is as hilarious as the Doctor Who Experience.
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Disclaimer
The contents of this current blog is the Author's thoughts and ideals on a gaming platform called Second Life (TM). She is in no way an employee of Linden Labs (TM) nor volunteers, she merely plays and enjoys the game to it's fullest capacity. The author of this current blog has the divine right to speak her mind at all times, albeit harsh, foul, and uncalled for. Take offense if you need. Only the author should be held accountable for her actions and words, and not those who choose to reply to such.

4 comments:
LOL I have a set of fighting Daleks and my friends Wulf and Blythe made the cuuuutest lil Dalek costumes for a tiny sci-fi event (I'll try to dig up the pics as it is adorable)
Recently I met a man doing some amazing builds and working for the same SL magazine as I and guess what he does RL. He works in the UK as a casting director. He didnt brag about it but has it in his profile that he's from the UK and has cast for Dr Who. Idk if thats true but I can only find a casting credit for Andy Pryor from Dr Who series so I've been thinking of calling him Andy and see what he say. *laughs* Either I'll freak him out and he wont talk to me again or he'll not have a clue what I mean, making him a liar and I'll never talk to him again.
I think Morion gave me a Dalek suit, was a freebie he got somewhere, it was nuts. I haven't tried it on yet, but I think I just might.
Speaking of people to know, I know someone from Nasa, she's bonafied though. She even called me from there one day!
Though, I was told that another guy was a journalist, he wouldn't give me a name, and I met a science geek, which I believe right there. He said some shit that I couldn't even understand! But.. journalist, producer (met one, think its a lie), and um.. honestly..
I'll be the type of person who'd say.. "Prove it!" Rather than.. 'okie, producer man!'
LOL Well if he talked about it I'd prolly sneeze a "bullshit" out at him. He doesnt, so like most ppl who have RL info I doubt BUT dont talk about... I let it go. Sometimes when I doubt what ppl say about their RLs and they have yet to lose my trust I try to remember all the crazy shit I have done and the really wild life I have lived and go "omg yeah if I told ppl all my crazy stories they'd think I was making shit up too"
Sometimes truth IS stranger than fiction and then lots of times... people just make up shit they THINK will be interesting to others for attention. *shrugs*
*crazy RL stories available to select persons upon request only. I'm not blogging about that shit LOL
***** UPDATE *****
I JUST saw a lion furry/noobish dude w/a TIME LORDS tag on at BadKatz. LMAO I would have never noticed if youd not blogged about noobs in Dr Who land LOL
Post a Comment