I like to think that I'm a relatively decent person. I'm not the end all and be all of course, and I'm definately not a saint. But for some reason, this event is sticking out in my head more often than others.
So me and my two friends at the time, Christine and David, and my ex Jason were out, just driving around, we decided to go to Denny's to get something to eat. Naturally, I had to pay for it all since I was the only one with a job then, and we had this really cute waiter. He was gay, but.. he was still cute demmit! Anyways, across from us.. well, behind me and across from Christine and David, were a group of college students, probably out after a night of drinking and eating. They paid for their food without actually cashing it in, tip and all. It was a fifty dollar bill.
So they dared me to go get it, and usually I was the 'dare girl', the idiot who would just go out and do something without regard just to impress the people she's around. So I did it. And I put the money in my pocket and refused to give it up. So when the waiter came back to pick up the money, he looked around.. and he freaked. Everytime he said 'Oh my god' and 'someone help', I died a little inside, and I couldn't stand it.
So they wanted to put the extra money down as a tip to make it seem like we're doing him a favor, and knowing Christine and David, they wouldn't have done shit. They would have kept that money and kept walking, and LET me think that they let the man have his earnings. That's the way I felt about it. The man actually kept doing his job though, he kept serving and tried to put on a happy smile, but you could actually see that he was a little messed up because he think people bailed without paying.
I was doing myself in from a serious guilt trip, I couldn't even eat. They kept telling me to give them the money, and I just ignored them and forced whatever food I ate down, acted like I didn't even hear them. I sat there, and I saw him walk past towards the bathrooms, so I got up and said I needed to go. I followed the man right into the mens room, and said..
'Excuse me?'
And he said.. "Yes? You aren't supposed to be in here.."
It was cute, I pulled him into the stall and whispered to him, and I got all quiet because I know my ex followed a few minutes after to see where I was. Anyways, I explained to him what happened, told him what they wanted me to do and how they wanted it done. So I handed him the money over and told him that I am -so- sorry, and I couldn't go through with it. I think I was almost in tears that night. He thanked me constantly, not THAT way you freaks, but holding my hand and bowing and saying.. 'Thank you' every time he saw me, and I felt good.
Christine, David, and my ex were pissed, I know that. They gave me the dirtiest looks that entire night and refused to talk to me when we got in the car. I really didn't care.. I know I did the right thing, it felt right and it felt good.
As I said, I'm not the best person.. I might even wind up in hell eventually, but.. I needed to get that off of my chest. :)
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Disclaimer
The contents of this current blog is the Author's thoughts and ideals on a gaming platform called Second Life (TM). She is in no way an employee of Linden Labs (TM) nor volunteers, she merely plays and enjoys the game to it's fullest capacity. The author of this current blog has the divine right to speak her mind at all times, albeit harsh, foul, and uncalled for. Take offense if you need. Only the author should be held accountable for her actions and words, and not those who choose to reply to such.

3 comments:
OMG your friends are nuts @_@
I AM the goody goody. I'd not only NOT done it but I'd have threatened to narc on em if they tried anything. (AND btw almost all Denny's has security cameras.) Friends or not I'll morality police em. I'm sorry but I was never a follower if ppl dared me to do shit I felt was wrong I'd be all "fuck you... didnt your mother teach you decency, morals... how about laws?" My ex hubby was like the kind to take that money and be all their dumbass loss and then go to church and play the good guy on Sundays in front of his family and chastise me for not wanting to go. I'm like damn you got some fucked up view of the world.
I'm glad you gave the cash back, but dont be afriad to be more vocal about your feelings. If you think they shouldnt do it say so and tell em that aside from it being wrong they shouldnt put you in a position that makes you feel bad. I dont wanna play mom BUT... if they dont wanna hang out w/you for doing what you feel is right and not making you feel bad.. then they arent real friends.
And if I ever acted like a selfish inconsiderate ass I'd hope my friends thought enough about me to put me in my place and tell me I'm in the wrong. So next time dont be the dare girl and tell em "no man wtf is wrong w/you? How'd you feel if that happened to you? Leave shit alone and be a decent human being... the world has enough selfish assholes" and eat your meal w/a clean consceince.
And if they protested.. remind them who was paying for the food and if they bitched you'd leave em there to wash dishes for their meals :P
Sorry.. had to rant just reminded me of my ex and those kinda ppl get me going. You did good. *pats* Now just stand up for yourself more hun *hugs*
Oh that was /years/ ago, so I learned pretty much that night, never did that shit again. Conscience is a heavy thing. Besides, I haven't talked to them ever since after that, though I do know if I see that girl again, I'm gonna bust her head wide open.
Whoot!
Oh and sorry if that sounded preachy LOL was really late and well.. ya got me rilled up XD
Post a Comment