Friday, August 29, 2008

Persons

I've noticed this a lot lately, being the profile browser I am. Actually, I sit and usually people will come around that look interesting, or I'd go through my inventory to clean out friend cards of people that are no longer on my list of 'people' to talk to.

One common thing I've always noticed, is this following message.

"There's a real person behind the screen, a person with feelings," blah.. blah.. blah.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't care about the person behind the screen, because I /really/ do, its just the fact of how it appeared there, why they put it there, and how the other people who burn others don't care about shit.

Now, this is from personal experiences.

With my most recent ex, I've realized two things. One, he didn't give a shit of what I thought or how I felt in general, mostly because of how that long relationship turned out. He was a chronic IM fucker, the guys who get ass in IM's while smiling and hugging on their partners. That type of person. If he cared about how I initially felt about it? He wouldn't have done it. Right? Right. Also, the way things, at least I thought, were hoping to go into the real, which didn't. In fact, I realized then that he never had any intentions of doing so, because, he didn't care about the person behind the avatar. He only cared about how I felt about him when the entire 'relationship' ended. That's it.

I'll admit one thing though, that person changed me, whether it be for the better or the worse, but I'm a bit wiser on that front now because of it.

Chicks are like that too. Don't get me wrong. I know a person who uses, uses, uses, and drops off when something else good comes around. They call it change? I call it something else. In the end, do they care about the person behind the avatar? Nope.

Seeing those words bring some sort of false hope, that there -are- people out there who really care, and in truth, there really is. But in that little circle that most hang around in, there's that ONE person who doesn't give a shit about what you do in the real, how you do it, when you do it, whatever. And sometimes, that one person is probably the person whom the other is devoted to.

So yeah, real person behind the avatar? Sorry to say, some people aren't going to give a shit about you even though you post that into your profile. They MAY seem like your friends? But pfeh, watch carefully.

*puts on her hard-hat*

I'm so prepared to get slammed for this post, but I call it like I see it. ^^ Happy SL fun time!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The contents of this current blog is the Author's thoughts and ideals on a gaming platform called Second Life (TM). She is in no way an employee of Linden Labs (TM) nor volunteers, she merely plays and enjoys the game to it's fullest capacity. The author of this current blog has the divine right to speak her mind at all times, albeit harsh, foul, and uncalled for. Take offense if you need. Only the author should be held accountable for her actions and words, and not those who choose to reply to such.