Thursday, July 3, 2008

Well, I have time..

I have time for one post at least.

I went to the DMV the other day to actually renew my I.D card (yeah yeah, I drive without a liscence, which is being corrected.. eventually)

Anyways, as I sat there for the entire two hours waiting on one little picture, I notice that people actually flock to that certain social group at the DMV just as they do in Second Life.

Like alright, you have this really, really cute couple. They're so sweet on each other, when they talk they barely pay attention to anyone else. Its like, no one else is in the room but them. (They even miss the number being called.)
-I wish I could say that this is in second life as well, when really, it is, but sometimes those couples turn out to be not so cute.

Then there's the group of veterans who pretty much haunt the DMV on a daily basis. They know the ins and outs, and its easy for them to strike up a random conversation with people out of the fly.

Case in point, I happened to sit down next to this old lady, who proceeded to explain to me about the lines and why they go so slow, and what they do behind the glass. While it was highly educational, I preferred to be alone. She was nice though..
-However, in SL.. there are some people like this, who just follow you around and stare at you and talk to you when you wanted to log out in the first place..

Then there's the, get it, get in, get out fast type of people. Their words to each other are as follows. "Yeah." "Uh huh." "Hate this shit." "Fucking number!" However, soon as their number is called, they speed to the window like Flash.
-In Second life? These people are barely seen. I'm in this category myself. You teleport into a sim, and as soon as someone notices you *poof* Gone.

Now, in the DMV, the wrong type of social class you can be in is the sweet hearts. The ones who feel sorry for those doubled over old women, and those men who can't stop shaking because of years of cigarette smoke and hard labor damaged their nerves. Those sweethearts, they aww and coo at the old people, and instead of keeping their number.. they give it up to those old poor decrepid people, with the thoughts that they've done something worthwhile. NOT! ITS A SCAM PEOPLE! I'VE SEEN SWEETHEARTS FOLD FASTER THAN SUPERMAN ON LAUNDRY DAY, AND THOSE OLD PEOPLE BECOME THE FLASH GORDONS OF THE DMV. DO NOT BE FOOLED! THEY'RE OLDER AND WISER THAN YOU! THEY KNOW THE SYSTEM!
-In second life, these type of people can be classified as Veterans, maybe even griefers. Chances are, griefers who are in second life know two languages, and only use their griefer alt to cause shit.
-However.. the sweethearts in second life are the ones who are willing to pay 100k lindens for naked pictures of an avi that looks like Michael Jackson who has a small head. No refunds? :P

Alright, dentist time! Lets hope for drugs!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The contents of this current blog is the Author's thoughts and ideals on a gaming platform called Second Life (TM). She is in no way an employee of Linden Labs (TM) nor volunteers, she merely plays and enjoys the game to it's fullest capacity. The author of this current blog has the divine right to speak her mind at all times, albeit harsh, foul, and uncalled for. Take offense if you need. Only the author should be held accountable for her actions and words, and not those who choose to reply to such.