Monday, June 30, 2008

Lazy Ass

So I slacked big time when it came to this blog, but well, that ain't my fault.

Though I did notice when I was slated with a bit of loneliness, logging into Second Life just didn't do the trick, although I have a new band of complaints to blabber about.


One of the main things I really notice that I am starting to hate is braggarts. Granted, me and said person really have nothing to do with each other, we're just on each others F list. But, when they IM me out of the blue, bragging on themselves about how they've done this, and if I say cool! That means, I really mean it. Its cool. But, that also means that I generally don't care about your success, and I don't want to hear anymore. Especially if I say 'cool' after fifteen minutes of not replying.

Get the hint people.

And when they continue to brag on their partners talents as if I get a flying noodle, well.. I just tend to drown that person out even further and incite words that further assist me in my blowing them off.

"Not bad." "Cool!" "Uh huh." "Sweet!" You know, one or two word sentences that you hope they EVENTUALLY get the clue.

Then, there's the people who think that just because they have everything in the virtual world, they can fuck with the others without reprimand. And I do hope this person is reading, because I'd like to say one thing. You're a jerk.

Nothing turns me off more than someone who likes to use something so menial as a bite that induces orgasm just to get the upper hand in roleplay. Its fun the first time you try it, the second time? ......Bland.

I roleplay a various amount of characters because of that simple reason. I don't want to come off as redundant. I want a new personality every time I do something different. But hey, that's just me.

If I play the same person anywhere, they would be ESSENTIALLY the same person, but with a different viewing of things. Lets take this for instance.

Anya from DS. She was blind. She was a sweet girl with a lot of baggage who gotten herself into a ton of trouble, not to mention, she was a necromancer.

Throw -THAT- same Anya into Dark City, she wouldn't be a necromancer, she would be somewhat of a spiritual guide, a mystic. This time, she would have a bit more knowledge and she would be more careful.

Send that same Anya to Dissonance, she will be ruthless. A shit ton wiser and a little bit more on the dangerous side.

That my friends is what we'd like to call evolution. Evolution in personality, knowledge, and power may or may not follow suit, but if you focus on one thing, that one thing that you carried on to your new roleplay, with nothing else that states that you've changed, then ugh. Bland.

In my opinion, each new place you visit, and you choose to play said character that you've always played, evolution is key. Change in appearance, attitude, knowledge, just overall doing things different THAT time around is what makes a person exciting. Taking the experiences that they've learned over various places they've been to, and now have seen, that is what makes them appealing, especially if they let said influences show.

Anyways, rant off! I'm going to take a nap.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The contents of this current blog is the Author's thoughts and ideals on a gaming platform called Second Life (TM). She is in no way an employee of Linden Labs (TM) nor volunteers, she merely plays and enjoys the game to it's fullest capacity. The author of this current blog has the divine right to speak her mind at all times, albeit harsh, foul, and uncalled for. Take offense if you need. Only the author should be held accountable for her actions and words, and not those who choose to reply to such.